In this Assessment, you will use information from the case scenario below, along with the supporting documents provided, to demonstrate your ability to apply economic concepts to make recommendations for organizational decisions.
Case Scenario: Launching a Cancer Drug: Comanapracil
You are a pharmaceutical executive and you are preparing a presentation for a Board of Directors. You believe that your firm, Ropache, may have developed a promising new drug, Comanapracil, which seems to arrest the progress of breast cancer for 2 years with no significant side effects. Clinical trials suggest that the drug is 100% effective for 2 years. After 2 years, tumor growth resumes at the same rate. Therefore, Comanapracil can only be used for a 2-year course, after which it loses its effectiveness.
This Assessment requires submission of two (2) documents. Save your files as follows:
- Save Part I as FM005_PartI_firstinitial_lastname (for example, FM005_PartI_J_Smith).
- Save Part II as FM005_PartII_firstinitia_lastname (for example, FM005_PartII_J_Smith).
You may submit a draft of your assignment to the Turnitin Draft Check area to check for authenticity. When you are ready to upload your completed Assessment, use the Assessment tab on the top navigation menu.
To complete this Assessment:
- Download the Academic Writing Expectations Checklist to use as a guide when completing your Assessment. Responses that do not meet the expectations of scholarly writing will be returned without scoring. Properly formatted APA citations and references must be provided, where appropriate.
- Be sure to use at least two scholarly academic resources as specified in the rubric. This means using Walden Library databases to obtain peer reviewed articles. Additionally, .gov (government expert sources) are a quality resource option. Note: Internet and .com sources do not meet this requirement. Contact your coach or SME for guidance on using Library Databases.
- Carefully review the rubric for the Assessment as part of your preparation to complete your Assessment work.