Employee performance management is an important function of all managers, especially human resource managers which includes setting job expectations and performance standards, training, leadership, and developing performance-based compensation plans. Establishing and utilizing an effective performance appraisal program can impact job satisfaction, productivity, and employee morale. In many cases, performance management can be viewed as a necessary evil.
For the discussion, review the performance management system at your current or previous organization. Then, address the following questions:
- Describe and discuss the performance management system at your current or previous organization.
- How were you evaluated? How often did these evaluations occur?
- Was there a self-assessment piece to the Performance Management process?
- Based upon your assigned readings, what are three improvements you would make to your current or previous organization’s performance management process?
Embed course material concepts, principles, and theories (require supporting citations) in your initial response along with at least one scholarly, peer-reviewed journal article. Keep in mind that these scholarly references can be found in the Saudi Digital Library by conducting an advanced search specific to scholarly references. Use Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines.
Be sure to support your statements with logic and argument, citing all sources referenced. Post your initial response early and check back often to continue the discussion.
You are required to reply to at least two peer discussion question post answers to this weekly discussion question. These peer replies need to be substantial and constructive in nature. They should add to the content of the post and evaluate/analyze that post’s answer. Normal course dialogue doesn’t fulfill these two peer replies but is expected throughout the course. Answering all course questions is also required.
- For Your SuccessRemember, this week you have a graded Discussion Question, a graded Quiz, and required readings to complete. The primary graded Discussion Question must be posted by midnight Wednesday for full credit; the additional postings must be posted by midnight Saturday. The graded Quiz must be completed by midnight Saturday.Learning Outcomes
- Evaluate the design and implementation of performance management systems.
- Analyze the components of strategic planning in performance management.
- Compare the role of reward systems and their relationship to performance management systems.
Required:Chapter 3 in Performance ManagementEmmanuel, N., & Nwuzor, J. (2021). Employee and organisational performance: Employees perception of intrinsic and extrinsic rewards system. Applied Journal of Economics, Management and Social Sciences, 2(1), 26–32.Sowa, J. E. (2020). Reinvigorating the spirit of strategic human resource management. Public Personnel Management, 49(3), 331-335.Recommended: Chapter 3 PowerPoint slides Chapter 3 PowerPoint slides – Alternative FormatsRise. (2020, January 30). How to implement a new performance management plan. Rise. https://risepeople.com/blog/performance-management…