- A time study was conducted on a job that contains four elements. The observed times and performance ratings for six cycles are shown in the following table. Note that all units are in minutes.
*: Machine broke down.
- Determine the average cycle time for each element.
- Compute the normal time for each element
- Assuming an allowance factor of 15% of job time, compute the standard time for this task.
- Assuming an allowance of 15% of the work time, compute the standard time for this task
- How many parts are expected to be produced in an 8-hour shift?
- What would be the range of the number of parts that would be produced in an 8 hour shift based on the normal time, assuming that the time that is required to complete each cycle is independent based on 95% confidence level.
- What would be the number of observations to be taken to have a 95% confidence level of 1% error related based on the element 1 based on the observed time?
- What is the difference between job description and job specification?
- What is the difference between normal working area and maximum working area?
- Standard time is always equal or greater than observed time T/F
- What is a Gannt chart?
- What is a cycle time?
- What is a takt time?
- Some Therbligs can be eliminated. Which are those ones? How you can eliminate them?
- What is the difference between job rotation and job enlargement? Please specify and give example.
- It was determined that 25% of the total inventory items in a company’s warehouse accounts for 75% of the value of the inventory. Please determine the
- The parameter A in the Pareto cumulative distribution equation.
- Given that the relationship is valid for the remaining inventory, how much of the inventory value is accounted for by 50% of the items?
- Time-watch studies are best suited for repetitive tasks with short cycle time T/F?
- What is scientific management?
- A hospital administrator wants an estimate of X-ray idle time that has a 99.5% percent confidence of being within 6 percent. Previous analysis indicates that on the average X-ray machine is busy 40% of the time. What sample size should be used?
- What is MPS? What is the role of MPS in the job design?