1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the textbook’s required chapter(s) and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussions and any insights gained from them.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, and check your spelling.
1. With regard to Chapter 3’s opening case, what, if anything, could BP’s CEO have done differently to have prevented and/or avoided the resulting fall-out from the crisis? Explain.
2. Find a recent example of a corporation that had to publicly manage a crisis. Did the company spokesperson respond effectively to stakeholders regarding the crisis? What should the company have done differently in its handling of the crisis? Fully explain the situation and your answer.
3. Which of the types of power (described in Chapter 3) that stakeholders can use have you effectively used in a conﬂict or disagreement over a complex issue? Brieﬂy explains the outcome and evaluates your use(s) of power.
4. Using Figure 3.4 in the textbook, identify a complex issue-related controversy or situation in which you, as a stakeholder, were persuaded to move from one position (cell) to another and why—for example, from Non-supportive to Supportive, or from Mixed Blessing to Marginal. Explain why you moved and what the outcome was.