- Refer to the topic Resource “Data and Statistics” for examples of population-based health conditions. Select a population-based health condition and a high-risk group affected by the population-based condition. An example of this would be looking at the prevalence rates of diseases (population-based health condition) in vaccinated children versus groups where parents may withhold vaccinations because of feared side effects (high-risk group).
- Describe the high-risk group and population-based health condition you selected. Explain why this group is considered high-risk.
- Compare the prevalence rate of the selected population-based health condition for this high-risk group between two similar areas (county to county, state to state, country to country). Refer to the topic Resources for assistance with your comparison.
- Evaluate the social determinants that lead to disparities and health outcomes for your selected at-risk population and explain why they differ between your selected population and a population of comparison from a similar area.
- Discuss what evidence-based interventions have been introduced to try and improve the health outcomes for this high-risk population and whether they have been effective.
- Discuss current electronic or online consumer health information available for the population on the health issue (e.g., the topic Resource, “Find and Compare Nursing Homes, Hospitals and Other Providers Near You”).
see link https://www.cdc.gov/DataStatistics/