In a paper research and discuss how the SEC’s EDGAR | Search Tools improves how investors find and use financial information. In your paper,
- Explain how investors can use the Securities and Exchange Commission’s (SEC) database at to research a company’s operations and financial information.
- Assess the financial performance of Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) by determining the risk of investing in the company through financial statement analysis. To make the above assessment and determination, go to official website, and locate the company’s Investor Relations link. Using the Investors Relations link, find financial information such as SEC Filings and Annual Reports.
- Conclude how investors can assess Amazon’s.com financial performance and risk using Annual Reports.
- Explain the content of each report listed below in detail and how it relates to your assessment of Amazon’s.com financial performance.
- Form 10-K SEC filings
- Annual Reports
- Management Discussion and Analysis
- Management’s Responsibility for Financial Reporting
- Management’s Report on Internal Control over Financial Reporting
- Auditors’ Report
- Selected Financial Data
Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) is the world’s largest electronic commerce and cloud computing company measured by revenue and market capitalization. The following items were adapted from a recent Annual Report of for the year ending December 31:
1. Accounts payable
2. Accounts receivable
4. Cost of sales
5. Income tax expense
6. Interest expense
8. Net cash provided by operating activities
9. Net cash flows used for investing activities
10. Net sales
11. Other expense
12. Other income
13. Property, plant, and other long-term assets
14. Selling, general, and administrative expenses
15. Retained earnings (Dec. 31)
- Indicate on which financial statement you would find each of the preceding items using the following notations (note: an item may appear on more than one statement):
- IS Income statement
- SE Statement of stockholders’ equity
- BS Balance sheet
- SCF Statement of cash flow
- Prepare an income statement for the year ending December 31, based on the com, Inc. financial statement data shown above.