BUSINESS ORGANIZATION AND BUSINESS TORTS
Suppose that Stacy’s mail-order, gluten-free, blueberry muffin business has begun to grow. After signing the contract with Woody, Stacy felt more secure in her supply of blueberries. She decided to take on the title of “CEO” of her business and she now has two employees, friends from a book club where she used to bring her muffins.
Stacy is concerned that, now that her business is rapidly growing, that she may face problems of potential lawsuits and liability. She has asked you to recommend a formal legal structure for her business.
Carefully review the background materials on business organization and tort law. Then, write a 2- to 3-page paper discussing what potential liability risks Stacy faces and the kind of legal structure Stacy should adopt. Specific issues to be covered in this paper include:
- What kind of liability might Stacy’s business face? Refer to the required background readings on business torts and products liability in your answer.
- What kind of legal structure should Stacy adopt for her business, and why? Will the structure that you recommend address her potential liability? Refer to at least one of the required or optional readings from the background materials page to support your answer.
SLP Assignment Expectations
- The minimum length requirement for the Module 2 SLP assignment is 2 full pages (excluding title and reference pages). The 2 full pages will include an introduction, a body of work (supported with three scholarly sources), a conclusion, and a References page (see APA 7 template).
- Provide a minimum of at least 2 scholarly sources using APA Style.
- Provide an APA-formatted title page and use the APA 7th Assignment Template.
- Proofread your work, original content.
Please see attached file.