PROVIDE A MACROECONOMIC PROFILE AND ANALYSIS OF A FOREIGN COUNTRY.
#### MY ASSIGNED COUNTRY IS (JAPAN) #####
PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THE RUBRIC AT THE END
TASK #1: Select the foreign country. Write the name of the country selected________Already assigned__________
TASK #2: Collect recent data about the following macroeconomic-related information about your country and respond to the following questions. Identify recent trends in macroeconomic facts: economic growth, unemployment, inflation, etc.
- Where is the country located and what is its physical size?
- What is the population of the country? Is it a problem?
- Who is the current head of the government?
- What kind of an economy does it have: primarily market-based or centrally planned. -Is it a rich or poor country?
- Is this economy growing/declining/stagnant? Support your response with facts.
- What are the real GDP and GDP per capita? Compare this to your own country
.7. Comment on the budget deficit /surplus
- What is the unemployment rate? Is unemployment a problem in this country? If so why?
- What are the major natural resources of the country?
- What are the main items of exports and imports? Does the country have a trade deficit or a trade surplus? Who are the major trading partners?
- What are the major industries and products?
- What is the country’s money called? How much of your own country’s money could you get for one of this country’s unit of money?
- What is the rate of inflation/deflation? Is inflation/ deflation a problem why?
- Is this country affected by the global economic crises?
- Any other interesting facts: Non-Economic-social/cultural/religious/political
(1 point for each question a total of 15 points)
Note: An excellent source for current data is the CIA World Fact Book Website below. https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/ (Links to an external site.)
Click here https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/ (Links to an external site.)
Please refer to the WSJ, Economist, New York Times, and other Econ Websites etc.
TASK # 3: Identify a recent macroeconomic news or magazine article concerning your country. In one paragraph of your own typed words, briefly summarize the significance of this article to your country’s economy.