200 words or less
- Select a modern, presidential doctrine from the following list:
- Truman Doctrine
- Eisenhower Doctrine
- Kennedy Doctrine
- Johnson Doctrine
- Nixon Doctrine
- Ford Doctrine
- Carter Doctrine
- Reagan Doctrine
- G.H.W. Bush Doctrine
- Clinton Doctrine
- G.W. Bush Doctrine
- Obama Doctrine
- Trump Doctrine
- Provide a brief summary of the foreign policy doctrine.
- Contrast this foreign policy doctrine with pre-WWII U.S. foreign policy.
- Explain the historical circumstances that produced the foreign policy doctrine.
- How did the Cold War or the War on Terror shape this foreign policy doctrine?
- Provide a specific example when the foreign policy doctrine was utilized.
- Analyze the short- and long-term result of this specific example.
- Evaluate the foreign policy doctrine in terms of U.S. self-interest and America’s international reputation.
Dehler, G. (n.d.). Neutrality Proclamation. Retrieved from https://www.mountvernon.org/library/digitalhistory/digital-encyclopedia/article/neutrality-proclamation/.
Founders Online: Neutrality Proclamation, 22 April 1793. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://founders.archives.gov/documents/Washington/05-12-02-0371.
Monroe Doctrine, 1823. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://history.state.gov/milestones/1801-1829/monroe.
The Constitution of the United States. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.archives.gov/founding-docs/constitution.